Review: Skin79 The Oriental Gold Plus

Hello again (◕‿◕✿)

The 'photoshoot,' editing, and writing the Skin79 The Oriental Gold Plus BB Cream SPF30PA++ 40g this was the longest so far, about 3 hours. As I do more of these, I can feel my photography skills getting refined. ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ “ I think I've gotten over the learning curve, so there's quite a difference between this one and the last one. What do you think? (*≧艸≦)



Upgraded Gold, Caviar and Tea ingredients are softly absorbed with rich hydration presenting clean skin texture with UV protection while making skin shine and lift through whitening and wrinkle care effects. - Skin79 NA Website

I bought it from the Korean Skin79 Mall(at a much lower price) back in December via a shopping service. Excuse the black shadows, the box and cap are very reflective and don't like to be photographed. It comes in only 1 shade, for fairer to medium skin people.


From the bottle:
  • Highly functional ingredients of Oriental Tea Blending and Gold offer vitality and energy to dry and exhausted skin.
  • KFDA 3 Functions Certification 
  • Whitening/Wrinkle Improvement/UV Interception SPF30 PA++
  • The triple functional BB cream keeps skin shining and lifting through whitening and wrinkle care effect, making uneven skin tone and skin texture clean with rich feel of hydration softly cohering to skin and protecting skin from UV rays. 
From the back of the box:
  • Patent ingredients of Oriental Tea Newplex and Peptatox Complex care skin to be sleek and firming by activating the original function of skin with Gold and Caviar Extract and Oriental Sue Formula maintaining ideal condition of skin by keeping optimal skin balance and comfortably soothing skin internally and externally damaged.
  • Womanish rose pink color of Lip & Cheek completes brilliant and vital makeup on dull lip and cheek.


I guess this is more suitable for my mom then me hoho~

You'll see this pump when you take off the cap. When you press down, the BB cream comes out and you swipe it with your finger. The texture is neither too thick or liquid, and easy to spread. The smell is also like baby powder, but I prefer it over the Lovely ME:EX's kind. It has a slight dewy finish and a bit of stickiness, so you'll need to powder. 



Time for the test. This time I wrote using india ink instead of a sharpie!!

I freaked out a bit when I started blending it because it looked way darker and purple than my hand.


The coverage is medium but buildable to this. It covered the ink pretty well and also my pink tones and blue veins.


There's also something else very special about The Oriental Gold Plus. On the cap is another lid! Pop it open and you get a mirror and cheek and lip tint. (I keep opening this compartment instead of twisting the cap for the bb cream...)


Hu it's so pretty I wanted to keep taking photos of it.


Though it looks very bright by itself, it's more pale and lovely when applied. Here are some swatches of it on my skin. The top has been blended, the middle is a large extreme amount with no blending, and the middle is a medium amount with minimal blending. 


And here's the color on my lips. (╯ಊ╰) Is it natural looking huhu



Packaging: It just looks like "expensive makeup" you know? I really like box's alternating reflective streaks, very well thought-out. Though I prefer very cute stuff, I love having this on my counter.

Oil-Control: I get oily around the 4 hour mark, which is a little worse than Aqua Petit Jelly BB. This would suit dry skin people more so I wouldn't count it against The Oriental.

Effectiveness: It takes a while, but it'll oxidize to match my skin. Covers up my flaws pretty well, and I like the finish.

Price: I bought it on sale for 12,000 won luckily. (But then the 3,000 domestic shipping fee and SS fee...) It gets much more expensive than that, Skin79Mall now prices it at 40,000 Σ(゜ロ゜;)

Cons: You'll have to wipe the pump every time if you want to remain sanitary. I guess the price is steeper because it's marketed toward older women, but still...

Overall: 8/10 
Pretty much everything about The Oriental is great, and the addition of the mirror and tint makes it even better. I probably won't buy it again because of the price, so hopefully 40g will last me a long time.

2 comments:

  1. skin79 packaging does look expensive. *o* I'm glad it worked for you, I also use skin79 bb cream, the diamond prestige one. and omg you have pretty lips. I bet you look gorgeous. :D

    btw, you're really good at taking photos. :)

    http://aegyoprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how is the diamond prestige? as nice as the oriental is, i don't think it suits me. i've recently switched back to my old bb cream because of its matness and superior oil control.

      thank you for your kinda words! you've really made my day ;u;

      Delete