Review: Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream No. 23

Hello! (・_・)人(´・ω・`*)

Perfect Cover is one of Missha's most popular formulas. Since I had less than a favorable experience with it months ago, I sold it to my friend and asked her to help me write the review instead. She talked about it and I did my best to type exactly what she said, so please enjoy this kind-of guest post.

The shades range from #13 Milky Beige to #31 Golden Biege. This is Natural Beige. It also mentions "Whitening + Anti-Wrinkle + UV Protection (SPF 42 PA+++)" in the description on Missha's website.
From the bottle:
  • MISSHA M Perfect Cover B.B Cream offers a novel skincare concept with B.B. cream, which lightens skin tone by healing visible wrinkles and healing and blemishes with excellent skin-cover ability, and prevents skin aging through effective whitening and and anti-wrinkle properties. 
"It's too early to tell [regarding the above claims] but it doesn't break me out, so that that makes me happy. Most of the things I wear make my skin break out a little, but this didn't affect anything, for the short time I've been wearing it."


"The texture is nice: it's thick but it goes on really well so it's no problem. It's sticky at first but that's just when you put it on your face. It looked natural when it oxidized and I didn't notice it.

At first it smells like regular foundation, or baby powder, I guess, but pretty quickly it went away and I didn't notice it when I applied it under my nose.

One of the issues I had was coverage. It had about medium coverage; it covered the important things like it evened out small brown spots and blackheads but it wouldn't cover big blemishes. That's also where it starts to look cakey."

Here is the swatch on my arm.


I think it's warmer in real life than in photos, but not by much.


The gray is from the ink bleeding, apologies. It honestly doesn't leave a gray cast. This is with 3 layers:


My comments: It is a bit sticky and I find it looks cakey on me. Though it doesn't exactly matched my skin tone, it oxidized and did its best, which was similar in tone but too dark. It covered the redness and veins on my arm with just 1 layer and has a mattish finish. It's thick but also creamy. My friend  mentioned it only takes about a pump the size of her finger pad to cover her face. 

Price: The 50ml ranges from $20-30. She didn't have much to say about that.  "It's okay."

Packaging & Design: "I like the packaging, it's not cutesy. It's more chic looking. I like that it has a pump because I hate the little squeeze tubes. Hate 'em."

Oil-Control: "I have oily skin and the control is okay. It's good for most of the day, but after I get home it gets kinda oily, like around my nose."

Cons: "The lesser coverage and I guess the oil-control."

Overall: "6.5/10
I do like it and I will use it in the future. Yes, I would buy it again."

No comments:

Post a Comment